One of the most exciting things we do at NCC happens on Christmas Eve! Every year, we collect our “Giving It All Away” offering to fund our outreach ministry called “Five.16”. Matthew 5:16 says, “…Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 is about putting our faith into practice so others may see the love of God, that is why we call our outreach “Five.16”. It is our sincere hope that 2019 expands our outreach by helping many people with spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
Here is 2019’s Five.16 plan:
- USCG “A-School” Students Dinner
- There are many young Coast Guard men and women stationed here in Elizabeth City for training, drawing them away from home for extended periods of time. We have the opportunity to show hospitality by serving a meal to each “A-School” student during a church-wide event next year!
- This August, we’re welcoming new ECSU Students back to school
- Many students at ECSU have significant financial need. These needs place an added strain on practical essentials, such as hygiene and back to school items.
- We’re working with ECSU to discover the best ways to alleviate some of these needs.
- We’re making a one-time donation to Maritime Ministries of $500.
- This ministry is based out of MACU and spearheaded by Dan Smith, Interim Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Maritime Ministries is an evangelistic outreach using sailing to build relationships and have conversations about faith.
- We have a year-long plan to serve the residents of Virginia Dare apartments in Elizabeth City.
- All residents at Virginia Dare Apts are elderly with significant financial need.
- NCC will coordinate groups of people to serve and minister to them in a variety of ways throughout the year.
- Elizabeth City Christmas Dinner Packages
- This project entails packing and distributing Christmas dinner packages to some of Elizabeth City’s citizens without resources for enough healthy food.
- We’re sponsoring five Cuban Pastors’ work again this year.
- The church is growing in Cuba!
- We hope to continue sponsoring Cuban pastors and their thriving ministries there.
- On a side note, two of our elders will travel to Cuba in March to see the work God is doing there first hand.
- Additional funds are used for disaster relief and other practical needs within our church family as needed.
100% of this offering is given away! We hope you will prayerfully consider how to support this offering. Donations can be made during one of the Christmas Eve services, by texting the dollar amount to 84321 with the keyword GIAA and selecting New Community Church if prompted, or online HERE.
To find out more about our Christmas Eve services, you can go HERE.