We love seeing all of our kids in Kidz Community each and every week! We want to take seriously our responsibility to protect children from exposure to illness, especially in this season as so much sickness is going around.
In order for us to make sure we are doing this to the best of our ability, we need your help! We must rely on the parent’s honesty on the condition of their child, especially since signs are not always obvious and a leader who receives your child only has a short time to observe their condition.
Upon the recommendation of the Committee on Control of Infectious Diseases of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a child with any of the following symptoms should stay at home:
- A fever in the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea, either currently or in the previous 24 hours.
- Any symptom of a childhood disease such as chicken pox or whooping cough
- A cold or nose with excessive or discolored drainage
- Sore throat
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection such as boils, ringworm, or impetigo
- Any hair or skin infestation such as head lice
- Pinkeye or other eye infection
Thank you for your understanding and your help! We are looking forward to having your kids with us each and every Sunday in Kidz Community!