A new Elder
We are happy to announce that Mark Barnett has been nominated as the next Elder at NCC! NCC is an Elder-led church, which means that our spiritual direction is set by a team of godly men, who meet the qualifications set forth in the Bible.
Here is a snapshot of our newest Elder:
- Married to Judith Barnett and has 10 wonderful children and 4 grandchildren.
- Is retired Coast Guard and currently works as an Engineering Tech for the Coast Guard.
- Has been attending NCC since 2001.
- Has served at NCC in student ministries and leading groups, including Celebrate Recovery and men’s groups.
- Steelers fan (nobody’s perfect).
- Favorite book: Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley.
- Favorite pastime: exploring new places with his family.
Mark and Judith are amazing people and we praise God for them. We look forward to Mark’s appointment to Elder which will begin on January 1, 2016.