A Christmas Story Series (Dec 2015)
This Sunday will begin “A Christmas Story”—a practical series which will offer biblical solutions to common holiday problems. The film “A Christmas Story” will feature prominently in this series, but the true purpose will be answering the question: how can we move from “A Christmas Story” to “The Christmas Story.” We believe that this will be a helpful series to set the tone for your family during this Christmas season. Please consider who you might want to invite!
Dec 6, 2015: The Yoke of Jesus.
Dec 13, 2015: Resolving Conflict
This past Sunday, we talked about how to be a peacemaker during the Christmas season, as Jesus prescribed in Matthew 5:9. Here are the 6 ways that were listed in order to move from “a Christmas story” to THE Christmas story.
- Consider yourself less.
- Matthew 7:5 (NASB) “Take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye”
- Consider the other person more.
- Philippians 2:3-4: “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.”
- Elevate relationships over your goals.
- Be direct.
- Remember, Christ commanded us to be peaceMAKERS, not peaceKEEPERS.
- Matthew 18:15: “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.”
- Listen carefully.
- James 1:19 “…Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”
- Colossians 3:13: “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Dec 20, 2015: The Incarnation